Design and production of our first Growbot
Small production batch sent to customers and reviewers
After we experimented with plant growing systems - primarily microgreens - we decided to make our first growbot mushroom powered. We were able to affect growth positively relatively easily, and the growth cycle of mushrooms was much more amenable to modeling and control.
We started with 32 ounce mason jars for the growing chamber, picked a four ounce glass "pod" to put substrate in and started prototyping pods and growbots.
At the same time, we set up data analytics for each Growbot, using Wifi and Adafruit as the basis of the data service.